Little Oaks Pediatrics Blog
Posts for tag: Well Child Visits
Wondering why your child needs to visit the pediatrician when they are healthy.
You know to turn to our Raleigh, NC, pediatricians Dr. Ceyhun Ozturk and Dr. Maria Guerra when your child’s fever is high or they are throwing up or dealing with a painful earache, but it’s just as important that you are turning to our pediatric team at Little Oaks Pediatrics even if your child is feeling great. These trips to our Raleigh, NC, office are known as well-child visits are they are necessary for all kids and teens.
Why do well-child visits matter?
If your child seems to be doing great you might just assume they are fine, but it’s easy to miss certain issues that could be signs of developmental delays and health problems. We get that your schedule is already pretty busy, but turning to our pediatric team for well-child visits is critical for preventing health problems in the future.
Well-child visits are also necessary for all kids to undergo before going to school or daycare. Your child’s school may require a physical examination from their pediatrician or certain vaccinations that they must have. Delaying these visits can put your child at greater risk for certain diseases that could have been prevented with the proper checkups, exams and vaccinations. These simple, easy visits make a big difference in the health and wellbeing of your child.
What goes into a well-child visit?
These visits usually require a full physical examination along with additional screenings, vaccinations or bloodwork. Some other things to expect from a well-child visit include,
- Ensuring that your child is meeting all developmental and growth milestones
- Performing vision and hearing exams
- Assessing your child’s behaviors as well as mental and emotional health
- Offering sports physicals to kids wishing to pursue athletic endeavors
- Providing recommendations on everything from your child’s diet and exercise regimen to sleep schedule and socialization
- Helping families navigate through certain challenges and to provide support and additional resources
Is it time for your child’s next well-child visit? If so, call Little Oaks Pediatrics in Raleigh, NC, at (919) 720-4876 to schedule an appointment for your little one.
Find out why visiting the pediatrician is important for all kids.
Once your child is born it suddenly seems like they go from a newborn to a toddler and then to a child practically overnight. They reach so many important milestones in the first few years and it’s important that you are turning to our Raleigh, NC, pediatricians Dr. Ceyhun Ozturk, and Dr. Maria Guerra for routine well-child visits. Even if your child seems healthy, these checkups are still crucial for their health and development.
The Importance of Well-Child Visits
While our Raleigh, NC, pediatricians are here to help when your child is sick or injured, this isn’t the only time you should turn to us for care. Well-child visits are necessary for all children. Some of the benefits of turning to us for regular well-child visits include,
- Keeping your child up-to-date on vaccinations to reduce the spread of communicable disease and illness
- Regular screenings to detect health problems early on so they can be treated more quickly
- Evaluating vital signs, height, and weight, vision and hearing to detect issues early on
- Monitoring your child’s developmental milestones
- Treating and managing any preexisting health conditions
A well-child visit is for children what a preventive checkup is for adults. These checkups allow us to perform a physical evaluation to assess your child’s health, as well as any risk factors that may predispose them to certain chronic conditions.
What to Expect From a Well Child Visit
What goes into a well-child visit will depend on your child’s age. After all, certain immunizations require multiple dosages spread out throughout months or years in your child’s life. Depending on your child’s age, well-child visits with our Raleigh, NC, pediatricians may include,
- Monitoring vital signs such as heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature
- Recording height and weight
- Evaluate hearing and vision
- A complete physical examination
- Answering any questions parents might have about exercise, diet, sleep habits, etc.
- Administering proper immunizations
If you need to schedule your little one’s next well-child visit with our Raleigh, NC, pediatric team, call Little Oaks Pediatrics at (919) 720-4876. Don’t put off these routine checkups!