Little Oaks Pediatrics Blog
Posts for tag: Immediate Care
Your pediatricians can help your child stay healthy with immediate care in Raleigh, NC.
When you have a child, it’s important to have medical help from your pediatricians when you need it. Fortunately, Dr. Jay Ozturk and Dr. Maria Guerra at Little Oaks Pediatrics offer comprehensive infant and child healthcare services, including immediate care to help your child stay healthy.
We also offer COVID-19 PCR testing that gives you your results in one hour.
Immediate care in Raleigh, NC, can provide the services your child needs. Examples of immediate care services include:
- Treatment for viral infections like a cold or the flu. Your child may be suffering uncomfortable signs and symptoms including fever, nausea, a runny nose, teary eyes, and breathing problems. Immediate care services can treat the virus and symptoms, so your child feels better fast.
- Treatment of bacterial infections which can occur in the ear, urinary tract, respiratory system, and other parts of the body. Your child may have a fever, swelling, redness, and other signs and symptoms. Immediate care services can provide antibiotics and other medicines to get rid of bacterial infections.
- Treatment for allergies and asthma, which can cause difficulty breathing, a rash, and even a life-threatening episode. Immediate care services can provide relief in the form of rescue inhalers and other medications to help your child breathe easier. Allergy treatment starts with allergy testing to determine the cause of your child’s allergies.
- If you have an older child, they may experience a sports injury. Immediate care can provide treatment for problems affecting the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones, to help your child heal. Common sports injuries include tendonitis, muscle strain, torn tendons and ligaments, or broken bones. Depending on the nature of the injury, a referral to a specialist may be needed. Your immediate care doctor can help you with the referrals.
Immediate care provides a vital service your child needs. To learn more about how immediate care in Raleigh, NC, can help your child stay healthy, call Dr. Ozturk and Dr. Guerra of Little Oaks Pediatrics at (919) 720-4876 now!
How your pediatricians in Raleigh, NC, can provide help when you need it
Drs. Jay Ozturk and Maria Guerra at Little Oaks Pediatrics in Raleigh, NC, offer a wide range of pediatric services including same day sick visits to help relieve symptoms and help your child get well.
Treatments Available During a Same-Day Visit
There are many common illnesses which can make your child miserable and could potentially develop into a more serious condition. When your child doesn’t feel well, you feel stressed too. At Little Oaks Pediatrics, these are just a few of the common illnesses treated during a same-day sick visit:
- Colds and flu
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach aches and diarrhea
At a same-day sick visit, your pediatrician can also prescribe necessary antibiotics and other medications to reduce symptoms and eliminate bacteria which can cause infections like these:
- Strep throat
Immediate care services also include treatment of injuries due to sports, accidents, and other causes. At Little Oaks Pediatrics, your pediatrician can help if your child suffers from:
- Burns or bites
- Sprains or strains
- Tendonitis or bursitis
One of the scariest conditions your child might experience is difficulty breathing. Your pediatrician can help with that too by treating:
These are just a few of the many illnesses and conditions which can be treated during a same-day sick visit. For a complete listing of same-day sick visit services please visit the Immediate Care page on the Little Oaks Pediatrics website at http://www.littleoakspediatrics.com/immediate-care.html
Need Help? Give Us a Call!
Immediate care including same day sick visits can help your child heal faster, feel better, and get well sooner. If you think your child needs immediate care, don’t wait for your them to get worse—early treatment means a better outcome. To find out more about immediate care for your child, call Drs. Jay Ozturk and Maria Guerra at Little Oaks Pediatrics in Raleigh, NC, today! Our number is (919) 720-4876.
Children can become ill or sustain an injury at any time without warning. In such cases, you want to make sure your child receives the needed medical care in a timely manner. When accidents or illness happens after regular business hours, often the only option for immediate medical care is the Emergency Room, which can be inconvenient and involve a long wait. At Little Oaks Pediatrics, we provide immediate care for non-life threatening illnesses and injuries. Dr. Ceyhun “Jay” Ozturk and Dr. Maria Guerra are your child’s immediate care doctors in Raleigh, NC.
Immediate Care Services
The Raleigh immediate care medical staff at Little Oaks Pediatrics are able to treat a wide range of conditions, including various illnesses and different types of injuries. When you bring your child in for immediate care services, a thorough examination will be carefully performed to identify and diagnose the exact problem. Tests will be performed, if needed, and can include x-rays, blood tests, and urine tests. Examples of some of the conditions for which immediate care services are available include:
- Sports injuries
- Lacerations or cuts
- Burns and abrasions
- Colds and the flu
- Sore throats
- Ear infections
- Other conditions
Immediate care services are also available for a variety of other conditions, including insect, animal, or human bites; allergies; strep throat; and both bacterial and viral infections. Other conditions that can be treated through immediate care services include stomach aches, gastrointestinal problems, urinary tract infections, tendonitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, and respiratory infections.
Immediate care services at Little Oaks Pediatrics can give you peace of mind when your child has come down with an illness or has sustained a sudden injury. For specific questions about our immediate care services in Raleigh, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ozturk or Dr. Guerra, call Little Oaks Pediatrics at (919) 720-4876.