Why Well Child Visits Are Important
Find out why visiting the pediatrician is important for all kids.
Once your child is born it suddenly seems like they go from a newborn to a toddler and then to a child practically overnight. They reach so many important milestones in the first few years and it’s important that you are turning to our Raleigh, NC, pediatricians Dr. Ceyhun Ozturk, and Dr. Maria Guerra for routine well-child visits. Even if your child seems healthy, these checkups are still crucial for their health and development.
The Importance of Well-Child Visits
While our Raleigh, NC, pediatricians are here to help when your child is sick or injured, this isn’t the only time you should turn to us for care. Well-child visits are necessary for all children. Some of the benefits of turning to us for regular well-child visits include,
- Keeping your child up-to-date on vaccinations to reduce the spread of communicable disease and illness
- Regular screenings to detect health problems early on so they can be treated more quickly
- Evaluating vital signs, height, and weight, vision and hearing to detect issues early on
- Monitoring your child’s developmental milestones
- Treating and managing any preexisting health conditions
A well-child visit is for children what a preventive checkup is for adults. These checkups allow us to perform a physical evaluation to assess your child’s health, as well as any risk factors that may predispose them to certain chronic conditions.
What to Expect From a Well Child Visit
What goes into a well-child visit will depend on your child’s age. After all, certain immunizations require multiple dosages spread out throughout months or years in your child’s life. Depending on your child’s age, well-child visits with our Raleigh, NC, pediatricians may include,
- Monitoring vital signs such as heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature
- Recording height and weight
- Evaluate hearing and vision
- A complete physical examination
- Answering any questions parents might have about exercise, diet, sleep habits, etc.
- Administering proper immunizations
If you need to schedule your little one’s next well-child visit with our Raleigh, NC, pediatric team, call Little Oaks Pediatrics at (919) 720-4876. Don’t put off these routine checkups!