What Is a Prenatal Visit?
Find the perfect pediatrician to fit your growing family’s needs.
There is a lot to think about before your baby is born, and one of the things to put at the top of your to-do list is to find a pediatrician. Instead of rushing around trying to find the perfect doctor for your baby at that last minute, it’s a good idea to start the search early (about 3 months before your baby’s due date). Here in Raleigh, NC, our pediatricians Dr. Jay Ozturk and Dr. Maria Guerra provide free prenatal visits to expectant parents.
What is a prenatal visit?
Not to be confused with prenatal care, which you will need to get from a qualified OBGYN, the free prenatal visits we offer at our Raleigh, NC, office are for parents to be able to sit down with our pediatricians beforehand to ask any questions they may have about caring for their baby once they are born.
This one-on-one appointment with our pediatricians can provide a lot of comfort to parents, particularly first-time parents who may have a lot of questions. Plus, it also gives you a chance to get to know our team to see if we’re a good fit for providing medical care to your baby once they are born.
What should I consider when choosing a pediatrician?
There is a lot to think about, and we know choosing a pediatrician is no easy task. Many parents ask family and friends for recommendations. If you’re doing your own independent research online, looking at patient reviews of a practice is especially important.
Other factors to consider when choosing a pediatrician include,
- Location: How close is the practice from your home, school or work? Is it in a convenient location?
- Hours of operation: Does the practice offer a wide range of hours that work with your schedule?
- Urgent care: Does your pediatrician offer same-day visits when your child is sick, so they can get the immediate care they need for non-life-threatening health issues or injuries?
- The staff: Is the staff welcoming and friendly whenever you call or come into the office? Are they helpful and ready to answer your questions?
- Ease of appointments and scheduling: Are you able to easily schedule appointments for your little one when it’s convenient with your schedule?
- The pediatrician’s qualifications: What are your pediatrician’s qualifications? Be sure to ask during your free prenatal visit to learn more about our pediatricians’ experience, expertise and background to see if we’re a great fit for your family.
We understand how important it is to find the perfect pediatrician. To schedule a free prenatal visit with our Raleigh, NC, pediatric team please call Little Oaks Pediatrics at (919) 720-4876.