Being pregnant, especially for the first time, can be very scary. You or your partner may have several questions and may not know where to begin or what you should even be expecting. It is for that reason that the Dr. Ceyhun “Jay” Ozturk and Dr. Maria Guerra at Little Oaks Pediatrics, in Raleigh, NC, provide expecting parents with free prenatal visits. This step is important, not only for your personal health but for your child's health as well. Choosing a future pediatrician for your child is crucial.
- What is your medical background and how long have you been practicing as a pediatrician?
- Are you certified by the American Board of Pediatrics?
- If there is a medical emergency, how does your office handle them?
- Do you provide well-child care visits?
- What tests does your office handle, such as blood tests or x-rays?
- What sort of lifestyle changes should I make? (This includes exercises you should or shouldn’t be doing or foods and beverages you should or shouldn’t be ingesting as well. Vitamins and supplements also fall into this category)
- What should I expect during different trimesters? How my child should be developing during each phase?
- How often should I be making prenatal visits and what should I be expecting during each visit?
- What should I be wary of and what I should consider a medical emergency to be?
- What should I do if I do experience an emergency?